[Mind Map]Keep at least one topic select

Moderator: abstr

Troy_Daniel

[Mind Map]Keep at least one topic select

Post by Troy_Daniel » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:35 pm

When switch back to TodoList from another software, the "Mind Map" view lose focus, and none gets selected. So if I want to navigate to another topic, I must move my hands to the mouse, and click one of the topics. Only then I can navigate and operate on the topics.

I hope that the topic what I previously selected before I switching to other softwares keeps selected, so that I can continue without the hands off the keyboard.

A special case is that, when I open the time tracking, and switch back with the key stroke "Alt+Tab", the focus gets lost. And the hotkey "Ctrl+N"/"Ctrl+Shift+N", etc, fail to function preperly.

abstr
Site Admin

Re: [Mind Map]Keep at least one topic select

Post by abstr » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:32 am

Welcome TD and thanks for reposting your suggestions.
When switch back to TodoList from another software, the "Mind Map" view lose focus
This sounds like a bug because I've put quite a lot of effort into maintaining focus and selection when switching to and from task views, tasklists and other applications.

So you'll need to give me a specific set of steps that will allow me to reproduce the issue.

Troy_Daniel

Post by Troy_Daniel » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:28 am

Hi, Abstr.

I don't know whether I clarified myself clear or not.
The focus is kept in the application, among the several different views, for instance, the "Task Tree", "calendar" and "Mind Map", but is kept when I ever leave the main window. As pointed out, either starting a time tracking or minimizing and restoring it.

To reproduce this problem, you can
1. Open the example "Introduction.tdl", and click on any of the sub/tasks, for instance, "A Task can contain...".
2. Press "Ctrl+T" (I cannot remember if it is the default mapping for time tracking, I've done a lot customizations), and a window named "A task can contain... Time Tracker" will show up.
3. There are two choices,
3a) Right now, press "Alt+Tab" to switch back to the main window, if you try to press "Left/Right/Up/Down", you will find you cannot move the focus.
3b) Or you can press "Alt+F4" to close the time tracking, and right now, the main window is the current active window, but won't response to user inputs like "Left/Right/Up/Down". But curiously, I find that, if I press "Ctrl+T" again, the time tracking is stopped, indicated by the icon at the tab title "Sample Tasklist". And "Ctrl+T" again, the time tracking starts again. One more word of nonsense, if I select one topic, press "Ctrl+T" to start time tracking, "Alt+F4" to close the time tracking window, and "Ctrl+T" again to stop the time tracking. At this state, the "Mind map" view still doesn't response to "Left/Right/Up/Down" navigation.

Sorry some errors appear in previous post. I tried to focus one topic, switched to another process, and switched back again, the focus doesn't get lost.

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:49 am

So it seems there are two issues:

1. Alt-tabbing to the main window when the Time-Tracker is visible doesn't actually move the focus to the main window
2. Closing the Time-Tracker also doesn't set the focus back to the the main window

Is that correct?

Troy_Daniel

Post by Troy_Daniel » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:24 pm

abstr wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:49 am
So it seems there are two issues:

1. Alt-tabbing to the main window when the Time-Tracker is visible doesn't actually move the focus to the main window
2. Closing the Time-Tracker also doesn't set the focus back to the the main window

Is that correct?
Yes, it is.

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:33 am

Focus issue when closing 'Time Tracker' fixed in 8.0.22.

Still working on a fix for the 'Alt + Tab' issue.