[Week Planner] Hide tasks whose Start or Due date does not fall in the current week

Moderator: abstr

Ryan

[Week Planner] Hide tasks whose Start or Due date does not fall in the current week

Post by Ryan » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:04 pm

v8.0.20.0

Setting Week Planner Preferences>Hide tasks whose Start or Due date does not fall in the current week does not prevent display of task that fits this criterion.

Please see example in attached file where the task is displayed in the Week Planner even though its Start or Due date does not fall in the current week.
Attachments
Week Planner Bugs.zip
(8.3 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

abstr
Site Admin

Re: [Week Planner] Hide tasks whose Start or Due date does not fall in the current week

Post by abstr » Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 am

Hi Ryan

I've asked you a number of times not to report bugs all packaged up in a zip with no description of the actual issue.

At the very least you MUST provide a screenshot showing the problem or I will just ignore the report.

Ryan

Re: [Week Planner] Hide tasks whose Start or Due date does not fall in the current week

Post by Ryan » Tue May 11, 2021 1:02 am

Hi Dan,

In my post I wrote:
Setting Week Planner Preferences>Hide tasks whose Start or Due date does not fall in the current week does not prevent display of task that fits this criterion.
I truly want to provide reports to you in the format that is most efficient for you, but please help me understand this request. Is what I quoted not an adequate description of the issue? When I submitted it I thought you would be happy that I was providing a brief and specific description that gets right to the point and an example file including the .ini which you had previously asked me to provide with my reports. I apologize if I missed the mark. I can assure you it's not out of lack of desire to get it right. I want all of my reports to be in the exact format you prefer.

I am adding a screenshot that I hope is helpful. In retrospect I think it might be more helpful than I was thinking at the time. When I posted this I didn't think a screenshot would add anything in this case. I'll give that more thought in future reports.

Thanks for your patience Dan. I'll try harder!

Here is the screenshot:

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Fri May 14, 2021 12:18 am

Putting everything in a zip and without screenshots forces me to jump through extra hoops before I can even begin to evaluate your report. It also prevents me from using my Android tablet to browse the forum since I've no way of running TDL to open the tasklist.

I don't have a problem with you attaching a zip, per se, but oftentimes it really is overkill since one or more screenshots provides more than adequate information. I generally only request a .tdl and a .ini when the description and screenshots are not enough for me to replicate the issue.

In this particular case, the two screenshots you provided are exactly what I would have wanted to see in your original report.

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 am

Hi Ryan

This is what I see using your preferences and tasklist:
ryanshidetasksbug.png
ryanshidetasksbug.png (45.72 KiB) Viewed 57 times
Could you try reproducing the bug using a clean installation and a modified copy of 'Examples/Introduction.tdl' please? BTW, this works for me as well...

ps. I'm not disputing what you're seeing (this is also why screenshots are useful), but we need to find a way for me to reproduce the issue...