How can I work with .tdl files on Android devices?

Everything related to the 'Tdl Todo List' Android App

Moderator: abstr

ajige

Re: How can I work with .tdl files on Android devices?

Post by ajige » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:41 pm

New version released: I really hope it works this time. Please let me know of any problem!

didi

Post by didi » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Hello ajige!

Thanks for all your work and effort! I was away all week on a silent retreat and just now got back to "normality".
I gave it a quick test with a copy of my TDList (just in case) and sofar adding tasks, deleting, editing and marking tasks as complete has worked good! No problems neither on the PC nor on Android. It hasn't been an extensive test perhaps, but I've played around a bit with most things. I haven't tried out every single field or option or function to see if anything would break. So far so good. I'll try to find time to do a more extensive/exhaustive testing and let you know.

The only thing that I still don't find working is to open it directly, for example from the Google Drive app. Interestingely enough the file type changes after editing in your App, it appears. Because my original has a music icon, and Android will try to "play" it. Whereas the copy edited with your app will be opened in a text editor, and have accordingly a different icon (which doesn't change after making changes and saving it on PC). There's no option to open it with your App (not from Android anyway; TotalComander, as before, recognizes both files (original and copy) as TDL files and will put the TDL icon on them). In the system settings there doesn't appear a "link" to be assigned to a standard app. I'm running Android 10 since 2 months or so, when we talked about this "issue" before, I was still on Android 9. So no change/improvement from that side either... I don't know if you got to look into that?

But even so, being able to not just see, but also edit files and use them both on PC and Android, that is fantastic! That will make life somewhat easier!
Great work, my compliments, and again: Thank you very, very much!!!

didi

Post by didi » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:30 am

I've done some more testing and it seems to work fine. I've had some trouble with synchronising, but that's not a fault of your app. But if it could open directly the file, then I didn't need the extra syncing software and that would be resolved too... It would be great if that could be resolved!
The only thing I noticed is as you can see from the screenshots, that sometimes (not always) when adding a sub-task, the title of the parent task gets changed to the name of the new task. Upon reopening the file of course all is back to normal. So it's not something that gets saved or messes up the list... it's just at the moment in the view. So nothing serious.
Thanks again!
Attachments
Screenshot_20201201-202722.png
Screenshot_20201201-202722.png (247.51 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Screenshot_20201201-202701.png
Screenshot_20201201-202701.png (229.51 KiB) Viewed 3174 times

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:47 am

Hi Everyone.

This thread is now locked.

If you have any further issues or questions about TDL on Android, please create a new topic for each item.