If you are a programmer (or know a programmer), it is possible to extend the application via various plugin points. Currently these are:
- IUIExtension - Allows for alternative views (or editors) on your tasklist's data (eg. Calendar, Gantt Chart, Graphs, Kanban, Mind Map, Week Planner, Word Cloud, Workload)
- IContentControl - Allows for alternative task comments formats (eg. Rich Text, Html Comments)
- IImportTasklist - Allows importing of tasks from other applications (eg. Outlook, GanttProject, CSV)
- IExportTasklist - Allows exporting of tasks to other applications (eg. FreeMind, iCalendar, Outline)
- ITaskListStorage - Allows the storing of tasklists other than on the file system (eg. EasyFTP)
- IEncryption - Allows for alternative encryption algorithms
- ISpellCheck - Allows for alternative spellcheck engines
There are a range of existing C# plugins that serve as examples of what's currently possible.
If you are interested in writing a plugin I am happy to provide assistance.