The following notes describe the basis process for translating ToDoList's UI:
- Navigate to '.\Resources\Translations' with Windows Explorer and make a copy of 'YourLanguage.csv'.
- Rename this copy using the same format as other files in the same folder ie. '<Language Name><Country>.csv'
- Run 'TDLTransEdit.exe' from the same folder as ToDoList.exe (or you will receive an error). Note: Translating using any other tool (eg. Excel, Notepad++, ...) is not supported (see below).
- 'File > Open' your copied language file.
- Complete all entries in the 'Translated Text' column.
- Post your completed file to this group for validation.
- Once we have added your translation to the ToDoList_Resource GitHub repository you will be able to update it via pull requests.
The reason for mandating the use of 'TDLTransEdit.exe' is to help prevent simple mistakes such as:
- Changing file encoding
- Unmatched double-quotes
- Missing tabs
- Loss of indentation