Task dates changed automatically after update

Moderator: abstr

Ricarte

Task dates changed automatically after update

Post by Ricarte » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 am

I recently updated the software to 8.0.20.0 version however, all dates of my task list (start dates, due dates, completed dates, etc) moved to about one month later.
Why is that? Any way to fix it?

Djo

Re: Task dates changed automatically after update

Post by Djo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:39 am

Seems very strange... From which ToDoList version have you updated?

Ricarte

Post by Ricarte » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:22 am

I can't say for sure. Is there anywhere I can verify that?
However, I remember I updated it last month too, after receiving a pop-up when opening the program.

Fdownset

Post by Fdownset » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:06 pm

The same occurred to me just after updating to 8.0.20.0.
All my dates shifted forward 65 days. 26.05.2021 -> 30.07.2021; 28.02.2021 -> 04.05.2021 and so on.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:35 am

Ricarte wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 am
I recently updated the software to 8.0.20.0 version however, all dates of my task list (start dates, due dates, completed dates, etc) moved to about one month later.
One way you might be able to repair your data is by selecting every task and using Edit/Other Task Attributes/Offset Task Dates.

Depending on how the dates were moved you may have to use the "Days" setting. But this will only work on a mass scale if all tasks were moved by exactly the same number of days. If you use the "Months" setting you may or may not get the right result since months vary in number of days. You have to give it some thought and possibly trial and error to get the right results.

And it can only be applied to the three dates you explicitly mentioned, not other dates since the Offset Task Dates dialog only includes these dates.

Of course it also won't fix any update bug that may have caused this problem.

Fdownset

Post by Fdownset » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:33 am

Selecting every task and then Edit/Other Task Attributes/Offset Task Dates works for me. Simply ask to go back 65 days and my dates are now ok.
Thanks

Ricarte

Post by Ricarte » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:30 am

Ryan wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:35 am
Ricarte wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 am
One way you might be able to repair your data is by selecting every task and using Edit/Other Task Attributes/Offset Task Dates.

Depending on how the dates were moved you may have to use the "Days" setting. But this will only work on a mass scale if all tasks were moved by exactly the same number of days. If you use the "Months" setting you may or may not get the right result since months vary in number of days. You have to give it some thought and possibly trial and error to get the right results.

And it can only be applied to the three dates you explicitly mentioned, not other dates since the Offset Task Dates dialog only includes these dates.

Of course it also won't fix any update bug that may have caused this problem.
Thank you. Luckily I remember the original dates of some of the tasks or I wouldn't be able to figure out how many days to offset.

I also noticed something strange...
In some tasks, the "Start" and "Due" dates shown on the task list differ from the task's property.
Would that be another bug?
Different dates for the same task
Different dates for the same task
TaskDate.png (17.18 KiB) Viewed 236 times

Djo

Post by Djo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:12 am

Yes, that is definitely strange! The bugs are probably related.

If you open your tasklist in a clean (default) Todolist installation, the issue is still there?

Ricarte

Post by Ricarte » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:02 am

Djo wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:12 am
If you open your tasklist in a clean (default) Todolist installation, the issue is still there?
Sorry, what do you mean?
Like, to remove and reinstall Todolist?

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Sun May 09, 2021 6:29 am

Apologies Ricarte, it sounds like you have fallen foul of code that updates the tasklists in the 'Examples' folder so that they stay current.

I did this because otherwise the examples grow 'stale' and all the tasks become overdue and the example loses its value.

The workaround (for now) is to restore one of your backups and move it out of the 'Examples' folder.

I'll try to find a better solution in time.